Introduction to Estimating for Plumbers
Please note: MPAQ takes the health and wellbeing of all of our students, members, community and staff very seriously, especially in light of the COVID-19 crisis. Health and safety is our top priority and as a result, we have made the decision to resume our face-to-face training courses with class sizes limited where necessary. Additional safety measures and protocols will also be put in place for anyone attending our training courses in order to protect our staff and students. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the MPAQ Training department on 07 3273 0800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introduction to Estimating for Plumbers
This is a non-accredited three-day course intended as an introduction to the art of estimating.
This unique classroom-based course, delivered by plumbers for plumbers, is an ideal setting for those looking for a guided, practical hands-on entry into estimating in the plumbing industry.
The course covers:
- Current information relating to estimating and costing work;
- The outcomes required to estimate materials, labour and time requirements;
- The requirements to establish costs for the provision of services and or products;
- Gathering information;
- Reading and understanding plans;
- Performing material take-offs;
- Estimating of time;
- Calculating labour rates and other associated costs;
- Reviewing an estimate and preparing a submission letter; and
- A brief introduction to industry-leading digital tools used in estimating and job/project management.
There are no prerequisites for this course but it is recommended for plumbers and gas fitters.
Unique Student Identifier
Student must also possess a valid USI.
From 1 January 2015 all learners undertaking Nationally Accredited Training must possess a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI). The USI is a specific number which allows learners to access their training records and results at any time. If learners do not possess a valid USI while undertaking accredited training they will be unable to receive a Statement of Attainment.
For more information about the USI, and to create your USI please click HERE or contact MPAQ on 07 3273 0800.
This course is delivered over 24 hours (generally 3 consecutive 8-hour days) face to face in a classroom setting.
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Identify sources and gather information relevant to estimating and costing plumbing services.
- Calculate materials, labour and time requirements to complete plumbing work using information sourced from the work site or provided drawings and specifications, including the use of proprietary estimating software.
- Identify safety requirements relevant to plumbing work, its effect on work methods and cost of completing work.
- Cost plumbing projects taking into account materials, labour, overhead costs, contingencies and required mark-up percentages.
- Develop documentation relating to estimating, costing and presentation of tenders/quotation to the client.
On successful completion of this course learners will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
Small Business Funded (MPAQ Member): $250* (inc. GST)
Small Business Funded (Non-Member): $500* (inc. GST)
Non-Funded (Members and Non-Members): $750 (inc. GST)
*This course is eligible for funding under the CSQ Small Business Program. Click here to view the eligibility requirements for this funding. Evidence and ID must be submitted upon registration.
For any further queries about this funding, please contact MPAQ on 07 3273 0800.
Additional fees may apply for the use of Estimating software that may be discussed during this course.
|Date & Time||Location|
|Monday 26 - Wednesday 28 September 2022
8.30am - 4.30pm
|Plumbing Industry House
11/243 Bradman Street
Acacia Ridge Qld 4110
Download and complete an enrolment form or call 07 3273 0800!
Please send completed enrolment forms to email@example.com.