Master Plumbers Australia and New Zealand
MPAQ is proud to be a member of Master Plumbers Australia and New Zealand.
Master Plumbers Australia and New Zealand (MPANZ) represents member Associations across Australia and New Zealand.
MPANZ is the collective voice for the Australian and New Zealand plumbing industry and collaborate together on a national and international level. Members of MPANZ protect the health of our community and the environment through the delivery of professional plumbing services. The provision of these services is essential for community health and well-being. MPANZ represents plumbing contractors from sole operators to medium sized plumbing businesses and large contracting firms.
Our National Focus Items
- SAFE PLUMBING PRODUCTS - All plumbing products sold, imported into and used in Australia and New Zealand must hold WaterMark certification.
- SECURITY OF PAYMENTS - Implement stronger national and international legislation and defined processes to guarantee security of payment for construction industry contractors and sub-contractors.
- CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Introduce Continuing Professional Development and mandatory minimum four-year apprenticeships across the plumbing industry in Australia and New Zealand.
- EMPLOYMENT LEGISLATION - Bring plumbing industry employment legislation into line with standard business practices.
- BATHROOM PODS LEGISLATION - Ensure offsite constructed modules in the construction industry, commonly called pods, are certified by a licensed plumber if they involve plumbing works.