Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
Construction Skills Queensland's (CSQ) Short Courses Program 2019-20, which runs from 1st Oct 2019 to 30th Sep 2020, each eligible participant is able to access up to eight (8) CSQ funded Short Courses - General Construction.
Below is a list of the short course unit codes and names and the maximum funding amount available to eligible participants:
|Short Course Code and Title||
Max. Amount Funded
|BSBSMB401 - Establish Legal and Risk Management Requirements of Small Business||$360.00|
|CPCPCM4012A - Estimate and Cost Work||$180.00|
|CPCPGS4011C - Design and Size Consumer Gas Installations||$480.00|
|CPCPGS4022A - Service Type A Gas Appliances||$750.00|
|CPCPWT4022A - Commission and Maintain Backflow Prevention Devices||$150.00|
|CPCPWT4023A - Commission and Maintain Hot & Heated Water Temperature Control Devices||$150.00|
|CMBPDRV001 - Revalidation Course Commission and Maintain Backflow Prevention Devices (QBCC Commissioner Approved)||$80.00|
|QLD334SWH01A - Evaluate and plan the installation of solar water heating systems||$180.00|
To be eligible for Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) Short Courses Program 2019-20, students must meet the following eligibility requirements and pay full course fees upfront.
Eligible participants under this program:
- must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- a holder of a refugee or humanitarian visa
- and must:
- permanently reside in Queensland; or
- be permanently employed in Queensland
- and must be:
- an existing worker; and
- an eligible worker; or
- an unemployed eligible worker
- and must not be:
- an employee of any Authority (excluding employees of an Indigenous Council that is a Principal Contractor); or
- eligible under the CSQ Apprentice Advance+ Program; or
- currently enrolled and participating in a school program; or
- a contracted trainer and assessor or existing worker of an RTO; or
- already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of this program; or
- previously been funded under this program for eight (8) short courses in the same program period.
Once your course has been completed, eligibility confirmed and funding approved you will receive a refund for the CSQ funded amount.
If you would like to discuss CSQ funding in more detail, please contact the MPAQ Training Department on 07 3273 0800 or email email@example.com.