Estimate and Cost Work
CPCPCM4012A Estimate and Cost Work
This is an accredited two day course that is one of the four Certificate IV units required to transition from an interim gas licence to a full gas licence in Queensland.
This course covers current relevant legislation and content relating to estimating and costing work, in addition to offering classroom based learning. Specifically, it covers the outcomes required to estimate materials, labour and time requirements and the requirements to establish costs for the provision of services and or products. It covers the gaining of information, the estimation of materials and time, the calculation of costs and the associated documentation.
Assessments for this course are conducted in both a practical and theoretical setting.
There are no prerequisites* for this course with the exception of if you are completing this course to transition from an interim gas licence to a full gas licence. See information below
- Completion of a Certificate III in Plumbing or Certificate III in Gas Fitting
- Students must hold an Interim Gas Licence issued by the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
Unique Student Identifier
Student must also possess a valid USI.
From 1 January 2015 all learners undertaking Nationally Accredited Training must possess a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI). The USI is a specific number which allows learners to access their training records and results at any time. If learners do not possess a valid USI while undertaking accredited training they will be unable to receive a Statement of Attainment.
For more information about the USI, and to create your USI please click HERE or contact MPAQ on 07 3273 0800.
This course is delivered over 16 hours (generally 2 consecutive 8-hour days) face to face in a classroom setting.
This course requires a theoretical assignment to be completed externally and submitted to your trainer within two (2) weeks of completing your face to face component.
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Identify sources and gather information relevant to estimating and costing plumbing services
- Calculate materials, labour and time requirements to complete plumbing work using information sourced from work site or provided drawings and specifications, including the use of proprietary estimating software
- Identify safety requirements relevant to plumbing work, its effect on work methods and cost of completing work
- Cost plumbing projects taking into account materials, labour, overhead costs, contingencies and required mark-up percentages
- Develop documentation relating to estimating, costing and presentation of tenders/quotation to client
On successful completion of this course learners will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
Members: $648* (GST Free)
Associate Members: $760* (GST Free)
Non-members: $844* (GST Free)
* Course Subsidies may be available.
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
Below is the course code and title and the maximum funding amount available to eligible participants:
|Short Course Code and Title||
Max. Amount Funded
|CPCPCM4012A - Estimate and Cost Work||$180.00|
Additional fees may apply for the process of applying for your full Gas licence in Queensland. These fees and charges will be incurred from the Department of Natural Resources and Mines and any issues with these fees should be raised directly with them.
|Date & Time||Location||Registration|
|12 August - 13 August 2019
8:00am - 4:30pm
|Plumbing Industry House
11/243 Bradman Street
Acacia Ridge Qld 4110
Download and complete an enrolment form or call 07 3273 0800!
Please send completed enrolment forms to email@example.com.