Carry out Work-Based Risk Control Processes
CPCPCM4011A Carry out Work-Based Risk Control Processes
This is an accredited two day course that is one of the four Certificate IV units required to transition from an interim gas licence to a full gas licence in Queensland.
This unit of competency covers current relevant legislation relating to work-based risk control processes and practices in addition to offering classroom based learning. Specifically, it covers the outcomes required to carry out work-based risk control processes. It covers the identification of hazards, the assessment of risk, the identification of unacceptable risk and the determination, preparation and completion of a course of action.
Assessments for this course are conducted in both a practical and theoretical classroom setting.
There are no prerequisites* for this course with the exception of if you are completing this course to transition from an interim gas licence to a full gas licence. See information below
- Completion of a Certificate III in Plumbing or Certificate III in Gas Fitting
- Students must hold an Interim Gas Licence issued by the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
Unique Student Identifier
Student must possess a valid USI.
From 1 January 2015 all learners undertaking Nationally Accredited Training must possess a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI). The USI is a specific number which allows learners to access their training records and results at any time. If learners do not possess a valid USI while undertaking accredited training they will be unable to receive a Statement of Attainment.
For more information about the USI, and to create your USI please click HERE or contact MPAQ on 07 3273 0800.
This course is delivered over 16 hours (generally 2 consecutive 8-hour days) face to face in a classroom setting.
This course requires a theoretical assessment and a practical assessment be completed on site while supervised by the MPAQ trainer.
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Analyse a worksite and existing safety system information to identify and classify unresolved hazards and their likely impact
- Apply the three steps of identifying work based hazards, assessing the risk and determining unacceptable risk situations
- Identify, analyse and develop a plan of action to control risk
- Complete documentation associated with work based risk control and ensure proper distribution, storage and review
- Apply planning to ensure identified controls are implemented and reviewed in a timely manner
On successful completion of this course learners will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
Members: $648 (GST Free)
Associate Members: $760 (GST Free)
Non-members: $844 (GST Free)
Additional fees may apply for the process of applying for your full Gas licence in Queensland. These fees and charges will be incurred from the Department of Natural Resources and Mines and any issues with these fees should be raised directly with them.
|Date & Time||Location||Registration|
|28 October - 29 October 2019
8:00am - 4:30pm
Plumbing Industry House
Download and complete an enrolment form or call 07 3273 0800!
Please send completed enrolment forms to email@example.com.
|More course dates TBC|